Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Three Years of Awesome

It was on this day, three years ago that I said "I do" to my most beautiful and amazing wife. It was a day of bliss, friends, dancing and memories that I will never forget (to be aided by pictures when I'm senile.)

And here I sit, feeling much the same. Each day may present it's own challenges, and those can be many. Nobody said hard economic times and the challenge of figuring out what your life should look like at age 24 was going to be easy. In fact, I feel I can confidently say that education as a whole (a good 17 years of my life) has no real clue how to prepare our youth for what they will face when they are "grown up." But that's OK, it's part of life to figure it out on your own.

The good news is, not much has changed in our marriage since that first day. I love my wife more and more each second that passes, and every time I see her smiling face, I can't help but smile. She is my constant companion, and she will follow me anywhere, even if it means braving sub-freezing temperatures all day for a canned food drive, after working a full week!

Some say that the first three years are the hardest years of a marriage. If they are the most difficult, then I am really looking forward to the future! I am so blessed by God through Elisha - we get along so well, we know each other beyond words, and we really never fight. I know, right? You're thinking that it is impossible - but it's true. I can't explain what a blessing that is. Sure, we have our disagreements, but we always work together to solve them.

So, as I usually do, I'm just rambling on and on about something, but I'll get to the heart of it. Thank you Father for the wonderful gift that is my wife. There is no one better in the world for me, and I have only excitement for the rest of our lives that we get to spend together.

1 comment:

Elisha said...

I can't believe I didn't read this before I posted my anniversary blogs! Lol! We must think alike. I love you! Thanks for an amazing anniversary and the prettiest flowers ever!