Thursday, April 2, 2009

epiphany

Ever have one of those? One of those moments where things just become clearer? Well, I just had one.

You know what? I'm sick of myself. This is going to deviate from my previous happy-go-lucky posts that seem to be uplifting or something, but it's real, so there you are. I'm sick of worry, self-doubt and whineyness, something that I seem to be adept at, despite my loathing for said attributes. I deserve to be on this:



That said, I can get off the dang failboat if I just can get around to changing things. Luckily, who I am can only be changed one way. By me, and by God. Okay, so it's up to me. Just me, not anyone else. So me, what are we going to do? We're going to change. Yeah, it's nicer to sit back and complain, but it's better to do.

I'm going to realize that my life is pretty freakin' amazing. I have good parents, good friends and an amazing wife. I've got a job. I live indoors. When I stop and look around, I don't have anything to complain about. So why the rant? I really hope that this opens not only my eyes, but some of our readers as well. Far too often in life we're complaining about something and we hear from a friend "Well, look at so-and-so. Your life isn't that bad." And I always hate that - because I know that I'm being irrational, but having someone tell you that does no good. Well, here's me telling you that my life isn't so bad, and maybe you'll think for a minute that hey, yours isn't so bad either.

With this newfound epiphany, what am I going to change? I'm going to change my outlook, and start changing what I'm doing. I need to start enjoying the simple pleasures in life that I used to love but have forgotten in the drudgery of work, death and taxes (the unavoidable things in life, reference Reliant K.) I need to be childlike. I need to stop seeing things that bog me down and start seeing the things that lift me up. And you, dear reader, please feel free to whack me upside the head with a large trout if you don't start seeing this blog filling with my joyful, youthy adventures.

No comments: