Tuesday, February 25, 2014

365 Days with God - Day 64: A grim reality

I'm giving myself a challenge. Read the Bible each day for a whole year, following the ESV Study Guide 1-year plan. Each day, I will post whatever God has revealed to me in His Word, and how it is changing me. A friend of mine once said that nothing has changed her life as much as reading the bible each day - and I'm excited for how this will change me. Join me on an adventure into the heart of God - and day by day, we can learn more about who He is and what that means to us!

- Andy Catts

Day 64, February 22, 2014
Readings: Psalm 64 Exodus 8:20-32, Exodus 9:1-12, 2 Chronicles 36, Romans 3:9-20

If yesterday didn't contain enough humility for you, consider these words in light of who you are - and who God wants you to be:

"None is righteous, no, not one;
no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one."
"Their throat is an open grave;
they use their tongues to deceive."
"The venom of asps is under their lips."
"Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness."
"Their feet are swift to shed blood;
in their paths are ruin and misery,
and the way of peace they have not known."
"There is no fear of God before their eyes." (Romans 3:10-18)

What does God want to change in your heart?

 

No comments: