Tuesday, June 24, 2008

We got more bounce in california... ::sings::

Guess where I am? If you said "California" - you're right! Taleah and I are in California frequenting all the local attractions (specifically Magic Mountain!) Woot! I can tell you, I'm loving the sun. For those of you who are unaware, I was born and raised in California and I'm quickly acclimating back to the lovely sunshine. I will have a hard time returning to cloudy dreary Oregon. ::sighs:: I could do without the traffic though! It's a living nightmare. AND I miss my hubby. A lot. A lot. A lot. I wish we could have taken him along, but alas, work had first priority. ::frowns sadly:: AND I have a sunburn - like I said, I'm still acclimating.

Taleah and I went and visited our old home in Simi Valley. Neither one of us could remember exactly what it looked like (it has been 16 years since we've lived there). We were really hoping that it would be a cute place and that it hadn't turned into some drug house since we grew up there. We pleasantly discovered that our parents have great taste and choose a quaint little place in a cute neighborhood. It was so fun experiencing all the memories that came rushing back - learning to ride a bike, playing dress up in the front yard, carving pumpkins, etc.

Anyway, we did snap some quick photos for those of your who are interested. ::grins::



It's us in front of our old house!


Here's a photo of the sunset from a lookout near our hotel. We used my sister's sun glasses as a filter! Good fun. ::grins::


[WARNING: To cleanse my worrisome mind, the laptop I'm using isn't color calibrated, so these photos may look a little off. Sorry!]

No comments: