Sunday, June 1, 2014

365 Days with God - Day 162: What Guides Us?

I'm giving myself a challenge. Read the Bible each day for a whole year, following the ESV Study Guide 1-year plan. Each day, I will post whatever God has revealed to me in His Word, and how it is changing me. A friend of mine once said that nothing has changed her life as much as reading the bible each day - and I'm excited for how this will change me. Join me on an adventure into the heart of God - and day by day, we can learn more about who He is and what that means to us!

- Andy Catts

Day 162, May 31, 2014
Readings: Proverbs 6:20-35, Deuteronomy 13, Hosea 10, Titus 3:12-15

 My son, keep your father's commandment,
and forsake not your mother's teaching.
Bind them on your heart always;
tie them around your neck.
When you walk, they will lead you;
when you lie down, they will watch over you;
and when you awake, they will talk with you.
For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light,
and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life. (Proverbs 6:20-23)


Whether you have a good father or a bad father here on earth, we all have a Heavenly Father who has given us His Word as a lesson of wisdom for us. God's word is our light and our guide, that we can be secure in everything we do! He didn't leave us alone, wondering what is good and right. He has provided every guidance we need.

But how are we to treat His Word in our lives? Bound on our heart always, tied around our neck. It is to be with us always, leading us always. It's not an addition to our lives, it's a constant presence. Is God's word a constant presence in your life? Is it leading your steps? Is it a light to your feet?

No comments: