Monday, May 5, 2014

365 Days with God - Day 135: A Promise for the Wounded

I'm giving myself a challenge. Read the Bible each day for a whole year, following the ESV Study Guide 1-year plan. Each day, I will post whatever God has revealed to me in His Word, and how it is changing me. A friend of mine once said that nothing has changed her life as much as reading the bible each day - and I'm excited for how this will change me. Join me on an adventure into the heart of God - and day by day, we can learn more about who He is and what that means to us!

- Andy Catts

Day 135, May 5, 2014
Readings: Psalm 134, Numbers 15, Isaiah 54, 1 Thessalonians 2:1-16

"Fear not, for you will not be ashamed;
be not confounded, for you will not be disgraced;
for you will forget the shame of your youth,
and the reproach of your widowhood you will remember no more.
For your Maker is your husband,
the LORD of hosts is his name;
and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer,
the God of the whole earth he is called.
For the LORD has called you
like a wife deserted and grieved in spirit,
like a wife of youth when she is cast off,
says your God." Isaiah 54:4-6

Sometimes it is so helpful to remember who is on our side, and what He has promised. When I'm tired, beat down and asking why I should bother, it's helpful to view God in light of who He really is and how He loves us. He's not just a genie granting wishes, or measuring our good deeds against the bad and doling out benevolence in a karmic fashion. He's so much more than that.

He is loving us perfectly. Redeeming us from our indiscretions. But not only that, He is the God of the whole earth! He has the capability to do what He has promised - it's not just some fairy tale or something made to help us feel better while having no substance.

No comments: