Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Exhaustion!

Phew! I can't remember a time when I was so exhausted! Yesterday, I modeled for the Beckstead shoot. It was awesome! I'll post pictures once I get them from the photographers. I really liked some of the photos that I saw on different photographer's laptops at the end of the day!

Then - Andy and I tailed along to the evening shoot and shot the other model who came along. It was definitely a great learning experience, but I felt SOOOO uncreative and out of it. I'm not sure if I was just exhausted and hungry or whether I was just dealing with a serious mental block. Either way, it kind of took a little of the fun out of it. We're shooting again tonight, so I'm hoping to "get my groove on."

The deal is - I think it is difficult to shoot another's person's set up. I mean sometimes, the set up and the light is so awesome, you can be really creative with it. And then other times, I feel like there are only a certain number of shots I can pull from one pose in a certain location. Maybe I'm limiting myself, but I had a hard time with it. Plus shooting in a workshop environment is frustrating because as soon as I had "the perfect shot" lined up, another photographer would get in my image and then by the time they left, the pose was different, the light was different, another photographer would get in the way, or we were moving on to a different location. Frustrating - but still a good learning experience. I've definitely started analyzing pictures differently. As I was going through my google reader this morning, I found I was critiquing and learning from images in a new way - studying the use (or lack thereof) of lines, light, and shadows. It was revolutionary for me.

Well that's it for now. I really need sleep or ibuprofen or something. I feel dead on my feet - and I'm sitting. :D

No comments: